Saturday, September 01, 2007

So Ready for Fall.

I know, I know, it is *just* September, but I am in fall mode early this year. Perhaps the weeks of crazy heat and drought, followed by weeks of rain and more rain just made me ready earlier than usual.

I am the kind of person who likes change. I re-arrange furniture in rooms all the time. Literally - at least monthly (except for master bedroom where I cannot move the big furniture by myself). I also like change with the seasons. I have curtains, pillows, blankets, rugs...that I use to switch out when I need something new. I have a general palette I like to use, so that when I find fabric remnants or sales throughout the year I can try to keep myself in one general area so that whatever I sew such as pillow covers, tablecloths, table runners, napkins, chair covers, etc. all will work with what I already have.


So I have been bringing out the reds, the rusts, the deeper hues of fall. I put curtains back up on a few windows, and have changed my summer whites for deeper colors. I found several new fabric remnants recently that I liked, and I have been sewing covers for my pillows, a back piece for one of the couches, and a runner for the piano out of them.


This is my first set of pillow covers for the fall - too much of one thing all together, but as I add my other patterns to the rest of them it should be nice and cozy!

No comments: