Sunday, April 01, 2007

I Saw an Ant on the Railroad Track by Joshua Prince

I have been looking for books about peaceful interactions with animals and insects (my four year old is very interested in the food chain, and upset by it, so...a balance). This week we found "I Saw an Ant on the Railroad Track" and A LOVES it. The rhymes are pretty complex compared to most child-fare, so it is interesting to read and interesting to hear. Perhaps like the clickity clack of a railroad track... The artwork is spectacular, and the story is quick to the point and has a great ending. And, for a four year old, having a train in the book, even as a side bar to the main story, is a bonus. My four year old loves it, my two year old is a bit antsy, but he only likes cupcake books now anyway, so that is probably not the best barometer!!!!!!


No comments: